From Australia's most trusted GP, Professor Kerryn Phelps AM, comes a comprehensive, accessible and compassionate guide for cancer patients and their families and carers.
A cancer diagnosis is a difficult life event and just the beginning of a long and challenging journey. Professor Phelps has provided care to numerous cancer patients over many years and knows the issues they face. Her philosophy is always to empower patients with the information they need to improve their wellbeing in whatever way possible.
Kerryn Phelps - The Cancer Recovery Guide
- What to do when you are first diagnosed
- How to get the best from your medical team
- What to expect from cancer-specific treatments and how to manage side effects
- Medically proven complementary therapies to help manage pain, stress, fatigue and reduced immunity
- The role of sleep, exercise and nutrition in easing the effects of treatment and facilitating recovery
- Strategies for both patients and carers to cope with the emotional toll of cancer.
- Based on the latest research, clinical experience and a deep practical knowledge of the healthcare system, this is an indispensable guide to dealing with our most feared but most common disease.